Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Here comes the Maemo 5 PR 1.3.1 update for N900

 
A few days ago MohammadAG leaked a news about Maemo PR 1.3.1 security update in Maemo.org wesite. I posted that news in this blog. Everyone was expecting a lots of bug fix and improvements. I was waiting eagerly for the update.
Today I refreshed my N900's application catalog and I was so happy to see the software update notification. But I got sad when I found that it is just a minor security update fixing the DigiNotar issue and a fixed security control panel applet. Though I updated my N900 to PR 1.3.1 successfully. The about product shows the version 21.2011.38-1. Non CSSU users can update right away through application manager. I tried with Nokia OVI suite but the update didn't show. CSSU users have to wait for next CSSU update. CSSU maintainer will include this fix in their next update.
Happy updating.
Here's some screenshot for you all.




 Updated components are:
  • maemosec-certman-applet
  • libmaemosec-certmant-applet0
  • mp-fremantle-generic-pr
  • libmaemosec-certman0
  • maemosec-certman-common-ca
  • libmaemosec0
  • maemosec-certman-tools

No comments:

Post a Comment